If you addicted to the internet and check facebook/twitter / Instagram as much as I do, you are lucky! Taipei city provides lots of free WiFi hotspots for the visitors. Let me tell you how to apply for it!
Taiwan government has set up more than 5,000 WiFi hotspots in select indoor government offices, tourist attractions, and public transportation stations to provide wireless internet access services. The SSID is iTaiwan and the foreigners are also welcomed to register and use this service.
- Apply an account: Please go to the official website of iTaiwan service and sign up an account.
- Activate the account: After arriving Taiwan, you can connect to iTaiwan hotspot and activate the account by linking to the online activation website.
- If there is any other question about iTaiwan service, please check out the FAQ.
MRT Free WiFi
MRT free WiFi is provided by Taipei government to let Taipei MRT passengers enjoy free internet during transportation.
- Find the SSID: There are 2 kinds of SSID for Taipei MRT passengers to connect. Please choose the one that applies to your scenario.
.TPE-FreeADWifi-Car: This SSID is for passengers on the MRT.
.TPE-Free AD Wifi: This SSID is for passengers at any MRT station.
- Login: Open a browser on your device and you will be directed to login page.
- Click an ad
- Successful access to the internet.
- Official site
Please watch this video for more detail:
If you want to access the internet anywhere anytime you can purchase portable wifi or sim card with the unlimited data package on Klook. You can get a discount by entering this discount code: KLKLD18